I've written few blogs in the past few weeks, but never once did I post something about my writing
habits. So here's a little insight to it. Feel free to ask any other questions you would like to find answers to.
- I get comfy on my sofa at nights, infront of a t.v. and my 3 year old Yorkie, with my legs tucked in a nice warm blanket.
- Quick. Go to your writing space, sit down and look to your left. What is the first thing you see?
- Haha! My 3 year old Yorki sleeping on the arm rest
- Between 9 p.m. and 3 a.m.
- Drink of choice while writing?
- When I write, I forget everything around me as I immense myself in the story and characters and the world, but at times when I get hunger, would saying homemade vanilla bean
milkshake be a bad thing?
- When writing , do you listen to music or do you need complete silence?
- It depends on my mood. Most of the times, I like it silence and peaceful. But when I have writers block
, I look up a song that fits the scene I'm working on and play it on repeat till it's done.
- What was your inspiration for your latest manuscript and where did you find it?
- Honestly, I have no idea. I think I picked up bits and tibs from the past few years and meshed it all together to come up with the final story. It took me six different drafts to make it perfect to where I was satisfied.
- What's your most valuable writing tip?
- Write, Write, Write. Even if you absolutely hate what you are writing, JUST KEEP WRITING. The initial draft I started for Dracian Legacy was around 72k words and my final MS right now is standing at 92k. Here's the thing, only about 40k words made it into my final MS from my Draft 1. And honestly, it was for the best =).
Feel free to subscribe to my blog or connect with me on twitter: https://twitter.com/pkanaparti